Drs. G. K. Beale and Benjamin Gladd speak about their book The Story Retold: A Biblical-Theological Introduction to the New Testament (IVP Academic) in which they seek to couch every major passage of Scripture within the broad history of redemption, making sense of the New Testament in light of the Old. New Testament introductions typically either emphasize the history behind the text through discussions of authorship, dating, and audience or explore the content of the text itself. This introduction is unique in that it considers the Old Testament background to the New Testament and the overarching narrative of redemption throughout all of redemptive-history.
Dr. Benjamin L. Gladd is Associate Professor of New Testament at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi.
- G. K. Beale’s website
- Essential Studies in Biblical Theology series edited by Dr. Benjamin Gladd (IVP Academic)
- G. K. Beale, Colossians and Philemon (BECNT)
- G. K. Beale, The Temple and the Church’s Mission: A Biblical Theology of the Dwelling Place of God (IVP Academic)
- G. K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd, Hidden But Now Revealed: A Biblical Theology of Mystery (IVP Academic)
- Benjamin L. Gladd, From Adam and Israel to the Church (IVP Academic).
- Benjamin L. Gladd, Revealing the Mysterion: The Use of Mystery in Daniel and Second Temple Judaism with Its Bearing on First Corinthians. Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die neutestamentliche Wissenschaft 160 (Walter de Gruyter, 2008).
- Benjamin L. Gladd, Handbook on the Gospels (Baker Academic).
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.