Dr. R. Carlton Wynne leads us in a study of Jeremiah 31 and the relationship between the Old and New Covenants. In discussing typology and symbolism, Wynne describes the views of John Owen with a view toward understanding better several contemporary views.
Dr. Wynne is Associate Pastor of Westminster PCA in Atlanta and Adjunct Professor of Systematic Theology at Reformed Theological Seminary (Atlanta).
- 00:00:00 Introduction
- 00:06:35 Jeremiah 31 and the New Covenant
- 00:11:09 What Is Not New in the New Covenant
- 00:18:28 Old Testament Types and Symbols
- 00:26:32 The Prospective Typological Aspect of OT Forms
- 00:34:03 The Connection between Type and Antitype
- 00:37:44 A Subservient View of the Mosaic Covenant
- 00:45:18 Types are More than Pedagogical Tools
- 00:51:52 OT Types Are Meaningless without Christ
- 00:54:07 Views on Obedience to the Law
- 01:00:33 John Owen on the Old and New Covenants
- 01:13:31 Christ’s Presence in Both the Old and the New
- 01:18:39 The Old Covenant Not Only Illustrates but Communicates Christ
- 01:24:11 Conclusion
Participants: Camden Bucey, Carlton Wynne, Will Wood
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.