Jeff Waddington and Camden Bucey discuss the value of reading and studying the works of B. B. Warfield. Jeff has written an article in our forthcoming newsletter wherein he identifies Warfield as a theological “renaissance man.” With significant works covering topics from New Testament textual criticism to apologetics and the doctrine of salvation, the “lion of Princeton” remains a towering figure in the Reformed and Presbyterian tradition.
- 00:00:00 Introduction
- 00:03:06 Warfield the Renaissance Man
- 00:07:58 Warfield’s Biography
- 00:28:19 Measuring Theological Influence
- 00:35:03 Researching Warfield
- 00:39:01 The Influence of Old Princeton
- 00:48:25 Charles Briggs and the Presbyterian Milieu
- 00:56:23 Warfield’s Interests
- 01:03:31 Where to Begin in Studying Warfield
- 01:06:29 Conclusion
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.