We turn to pp. 299–301 of Geerhardus Vos’s book, Biblical Theology: Old and New Testaments. Vos discusses three ways in which the structure of New Testament Revelation can be determined from within Scripture itself.
1. From indications in the Old Testament
2. From the teachings of Jesus
3. From the teachings of Paul and the other apostles
- 00:00:00 Introduction
- 00:07:43 The Structure of New Testament Revelation
- 00:15:11 Organic vs. Artificial
- 00:21:32 Old Testament Indications of the Nature of Revelation
- 00:27:04 The Old and the New
- 00:38:23 The Teaching of Jesus
- 00:43:00 Abrogation and Perfection
- 00:52:03 Hebrews 10:19-24 and the Era of Religious Fellowship
- 00:56:58 Paul and the Teaching of the Other Apostles
- 01:01:21 Hebrews 1:1-2
- 01:06:06 Conclusion
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.