We turn to pp. 302–304 of Geerhardus Vos’s book, Biblical Theology: Old and New Testaments to discuss the nature of New Testament revelation. Vos explains how the new dispensation in Christ is the final dispensation of revelation. Referencing Hebrews 1:1–2, we discuss how this revelation is organic, progressive, and climactic in Christ.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 05:58 The New Dispensation
- 07:42 Hebrews 1:1–2
- 14:33 Organic Revelation
- 23:01 Progressive Revelation
- 35:26 Climactic Revelation
- 45:56 Christ and the Apostles
- 52:11 Conclusion
- Grace in Common episode on organic theology
- Vos Group #1: An Introduction to Geerhardus Vos’ Biblical Theology
- Vos Group #2: The Nature and Method of Biblical Theology, Part 1
- Vos Group #3: The Nature and Method of Biblical Theology, Part 2
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.