Carlton Wynne, Lane Tipton, and Camden Bucey turn to pp. 54–58 of Cornelius Van Til’s The Defense of the Faith to discuss the Christian theory of knowledge. In this section, Van Til speaks of God’s knowledge of the world and then man’s knowledge of God.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 02:28 God’s Knowledge of the World
- 07:41 The Plan of God to Create the World
- 13:13 The Pantheistic Switch
- 24:31 God’s Free Knowledge Does Not Imply an Eternal Creation
- 35:32 Refusing to Concede to Rationalism
- 43:10 Man’s Knowledge of God
- 49:46 Devotional Thoughts on the Creator-Creature Distinction
- 56:45 Conclusion
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.