Dr. Gregory K. Beale, Professor of New Testament at RTS Dallas, returns to the program to speak about a wide array of topics touching upon the study of the Bible. After speaking about an exciting upcoming conference and workshop in Plano, Texas, Dr. Beale discusses developments in Old and New Testament studies over the last several decades, the nature of intertextuality and biblical theology, future areas ripe for new research, and research methods and tools.
- 00:00:07 Introduction
- 00:08:27 Conference: Preaching and Teaching the NT Use of the OT
- 00:15:29 Developments in Scholarship
- 00:26:53 Intertextuality and Biblical Theology
- 00:35:59 Potential New Areas of Study
- 00:47:47 Hermeneutics and Homiletics
- 00:55:27 Study Methods and Tools
- 01:11:21 Conclusion
Participants: Camden Bucey, Greg Beale
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.