Dr. Jonathan Master speaks about his book, Reformed Theology (P&R Publishing), which is part of the Blessings of the Faith series edited by Jason Helopoulos. Master provides a concise and accessible introduction to the historic and orthodox Christian tradition of Reformed theology. In this book, he emphasizes the sovereignty of God, the authority of Scripture, and the grace of salvation, while also demonstrating its biblical coherence and pastoral warmth. This resource is ideal for church leaders, study groups, and individuals who want a well-rounded overview of Reformed theology.
Jonathan Master is President of Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary near Greenville, South Carolina.
- 00:07 Introduction
- 04:14 Update on Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary
- 11:57 Reformed Theology
- 14:48 What Does It Mean to be Reformed?
- 24:52 Dr. Master’s Path to Becoming Reformed
- 28:49 The Intended Audience of the Book
- 32:48 The Role of Covenant Theology
- 41:01 Creeds and Confessions
- 45:13 Reformed Theology and the Ministry of the Holy Spirit
- 49:54 The Reformed Motivation for Missions and Evangelism
- 54:03 Conclusion
- Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary
- Theology on the Go podcast
- The Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals
- Carl Trueman, The Creedal Imperative
Select Publications by Jonathan Master
- A Question of Consensus: The Doctrine of Assurance After the Westminster Confession (Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2015)
- The God We Worship, ed. (P&R Publications, 2016)
- On Reforming Worship, ed. with David Hall (Covenant Publications, 2018)
- Growing in Grace (Banner of Truth, 2020)
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.