In this episode, we speak with Jonathan Landry Cruse, author of The Character of Christ, a thought-provoking book that explores the character of Christ and the fruit of the Spirit. Join us as we consider the profound concepts of love, joy, and peace, and discover how Jesus embodies these virtues and offers them to us. Cruse shares insights into the true source of joy, practical strategies for cultivating the fruit of the Spirit, and a deeper understanding of the transformative power of Christ’s love. Don’t miss this engaging conversation that will inspire and encourage you in your walk with Christ.
Rev. Cruse is Pastor of Community Presbyterian Church (OPC) in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Other Books by Jonathan Landry Cruse
- 00:00:07 Introduction
- 00:02:14 Background on Jonathan Landry Cruse
- 00:09:35 Books and Hymns by the Author
- 00:12:28 The Beginnings of This Book
- 00:15:29 This Is Not a How-To Book but a “He-Did” Book
- 00:22:48 Godly Characteristics as Facets of a Diamond
- 00:34:25 The Role of the Affections
- 00:38:03 The Source of True Joy
- 00:43:35 Peace as Reconciliation
- 00:50:37 Cultivating Fruitfulness in the Christian Life
- 00:53:59 The Fruit of Self-Control
- 00:59:59 How to Approach This Book
- 01:03:50 Conclusion
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.