In this episode, we welcome back Michael Glodo, Associate Professor of Pastoral Theology at Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando, Florida. Rev. Glodo has written The Lord Bless You and Keep You (Crossway), a new book on the Aaronic blessing of Numbers 6:24–26. We discuss several biblical-theological and practical implications for contemporary faith and practice including what it means to behold the face of God. We also explore how the person and work of Jesus secures the blessing on our behalf.
- 00:00:07 Introduction
- 00:00:42 Revisiting A History of Dispensationalism
- 00:06:25 The Aaronic Blessing in Numbers 6
- 00:16:43 Beholding the Face of God
- 00:24:41 Faces in Scripture
- 00:30:55 The Context of Numbers 6
- 00:44:13 Jesus’ Priesthood and the Aaronic Blessing
- 00:50:33 The Aaronic Blessing in Worship and Pastoral Care
- 01:00:29 The Priesthood of All Believers
- 01:11:18 Conclusion
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.