- Objection,â€”That images are the books of the unlearned. Objection answered, 1. Scripture declares images to be teachers of vanity and lies.
- Answer continued, 2. Ancient Theologians condemn the formation and worship of idols.
- Answer continued,â€”3. The use of images condemned by the luxury and meretricious ornaments given to them in Popish Churches.
- The Church must be trained in true piety by another method.
- The second division of the chapter. Origin of idols or images. Its rise shortly after the flood. Its continual progress.
Participants: Camden Bucey