We speak with Gregg Allison and Chris Castaldo about their excellent book The Unfinished Reformation: What Unites and Divides Catholics and Protestants after 500 Years (Zondervan, 2016). Rev. Dr. Allison is Professor of Christian Theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. Rev. Dr. Castaldo serves as Lead Pastor of New Covenant Church in Naperville, Illinois. We are driven to ask, Why are we accepted by God? In the final analysis, it must be Christ’s person and work and his imputed righteousness to sinners. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone. It depends solely on Christ and not anything we do.
Episodes of Christ the Center
- Roman Catholic Theology and Practice with Gregg Allison
- Speaking with Catholics about the Gospel with Chris Castaldo
Books by Allison and Castaldo
- Allison, Roman Catholic Theology and Practice: An Evangelical Assessment
- Allison, Historical Theology: An Introduction to Christian Doctrine
- Castaldo, Talking with Catholics about the Gospel
- Castaldo, Holy Ground: Walking with Jesus as a Former Catholic
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.