Darryl G. Hart speaks about J. Gresham Machen and his use of media throughout the modernist-fundamentalist controversy. Westminster Seminary Press has recently published a series of radio addresses by Machen titled, The Person of Jesus.
Hart is Distinguished Associate Professor of History at Hillsdale College in Hillsdale, Michigan. He is the author of numerous books, including Defending the Faith, Calvinism: A History, and Damning Words.
- Putting the “Protest” in Protestant
- Old Life Theological Society
- Listen to D. G. Hart’s course, “An Introduction to J. Gresham Machen“
Previous Episodes with D. G. Hart
- Awakening the Evangelical Mind
- Revivalism and Reformed Piety
- With Reverence and Awe
- Calvinism: A History
- The Reorganization of Princeton Seminary
- The Regulative Principle of Worship
- Machen’s Warrior Children
- Presbyterian and Reformed Family Trees
- Assessing Machen
- Deconstructing Evangelicalism
- J. Gresham Machen
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.