Lane Tipton and Camden Bucey turn to pages 264–266 of Geerhardus Vos’ book, Biblical Theology: Old and New Testaments, to consider the collective sin of the nation during the time of the prophets. Vos speaks particularly of the prophet Amos, and his indictment of false worship practices among the people.
- 00:00:00 Introduction
- 00:09:14 Collective National Sin
- 00:17:33 Oppression of the Poor and Sexual Immorality
- 00:24:40 Licentious Idolatry
- 00:28:24 The Covenant-Historical Context
- 00:35:26 The Motivation of the Apostates (Amos 8:1–6)
- 00:42:04 A Critical Interpretation of the Prophets’ View of Sacrifices
- 00:45:57 Manners of False Worship
- 00:55:17 Cultural Forces and the Church
- 01:00:33 Conclusion
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.