Danny Olinger, Lane Tipton, and Camden Bucey discuss Geerhardus Vos’s sermon, “The More Excellent Ministry” from 2 Corinthians 3:18. This sermon is included in Grace and Glory: Sermons Preached at Princeton Theological Seminary. In this sermon, Vos proclaims the good news of the consummate and unfading glory of Christ’s new covenant ministry and its implications for the church this side of Christ’s death and resurrection.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 04:21 The Polemical Context of 2 Corinthians 3
- 10:59 The New Covenant Ministry
- 17:08 2 Corinthians 2:14–17 and Christ’s Triumph
- 28:06 Transitory vs. Eternal
- 31:32 Covered vs. Uncovered
- 34:54 The Function of Moses’ Veil
- 40:13 New Covenant Ministry Is Bound Up with Christ
- 42:28 A Ministry of Abundant Forgiveness and Righteousness
- 50:08 The Transforming Power of the New Covenant
- 53:39 Conclusion
Participants: Camden Bucey, Danny Olinger, Lane G. Tipton
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.