We take the podcast on the road for three episodes to visit Reformed Theological Seminary in Atlanta, Georgia. In our first episode of the road trip, we speak with Dr. Guy Richard about his book Persistent Prayer (P&R, 2021). This book is in P&R’s Blessings of the Faith series. This book will prove useful to pastors, elders, and study groups as it provides encouragement and instruction regarding prayer and its blessings.
Dr. Guy M. Richard is President and Associate Professor of Systematic Theology at Reformed Theological Seminary in Atlanta.
- Christ the Center, episode 83 — The Theology of Samuel Rutherford
- 00:00 Introduction
- 02:10 About RTS Atlanta
- 07:01 An Update on Samuel Rutherford Scholarship
- 08:21 The Importance of Persistent Prayer
- 11:02 Prayer and Pastoral Ministry
- 14:59 A Definition of Prayer
- 20:43 The Psalter and Prayer
- 26:39 The Grace and Intimacy of Prayer
- 32:18 Prayer and Fasting
- 38:01 Prayer and the Armor of God
- 41:24 Encouraging the Prayerless
- 48:02 Conclusion
Participants: Camden Bucey, Guy Richard, Will Wood
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.