Carlton Wynne, Lane Tipton, and Camden Bucey open Cornelius Van Til’s book, The Defense of the Faith to pages 43–47. Van Til addresses the unity and diversity within creation before covering the fall into sin and the curse.
Throughout this chapter, Van Til reminds his readers of the categorical difference between God and creation while maintaining creation’s dependence upon God for its very existence. The answers to these fundamental questions distinguish orthodox Christianity from all other philosophies and religions.
- 00:00:00 Introduction
- 00:03:52 Thoughts on Learning Van Til
- 00:12:32 Temporal Unity and Plurality
- 00:24:30 Non-Being
- 00:36:56 Reformed vs. Roman Catholic Conceptions of Nature and Sin
- 00:49:58 The Mystery of the Fall into Sin
- 00:56:49 Created Laws and Facts
- 01:03:42 Van Til the Evangelist and Van Til the Theologian
- 01:06:33 Conclusion
Participants: Camden Bucey, Carlton Wynne, Lane G. Tipton
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.