Jim Cassidy and Camden Bucey discuss ecclesiology (the doctrine of the church) and the significant ways it informs our daily lives. Dr. Cassidy is studying R. B. Kuiper’s The Glorious Body of Christ with his congregation, and we take the opportunity to speak about the nature and limits of church authority, the distinction between the church as organism and the church as organization, and the church’s relation to the government and culture.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 05:21 R. B. Kuiper and the Doctrine of the Church
- 10:09 Ecclesiology and Other Disciplines
- 17:38 The Spirituality of the Church
- 33:33 The Exercise of Church Authority
- 39:20 Church Authority and the Regulative Principle of Worship
- 47:53 Conclusion
Participants: Camden Bucey, Jim Cassidy
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.