We welcome Dr. Brandon Crowe to the program to discuss the obedience of Christ and the salvation of his people. In his latest book, Why Did Jesus Live a Perfect Life?: The Necessity of Christ’s Obedience for Our Salvation, Dr. Crowe sets out to answer the basic but all-important question: Is perfect obedience necessary for salvation?
Listen as we explore the covenant of works, the atonement, the nature of Christ’s obedience, his resurrection, and the doctrine of justification.
Brandon D. Crowe (PhD, University of Edinburgh) is professor of New Testament at Westminster Theological Seminary and author of The Last Adam and The Hope of Israel.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 02:04 Thinking about Righteousness and Obedience
- 06:47 Changes in Theological Disciplines
- 13:21 Perfect Obedience Is Necessary for Salvation
- 20:30 Death Reigned from Adam to Moses
- 26:45 The New Testament and the Law of Moses
- 34:02 Christ’s Obedience and Our Faith
- 40:18 Christ’s Active and Passive Obedience
- 43:53 Christ’s Obedience as High Priest
- 47:11 Christ’s Resurrection
- 50:58 The Author’s Hopes for Readers of the Book
- 54:55 Conclusion
Participants: Brandon Crowe, Camden Bucey
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.