We welcome Dr. Brandon Crowe to the program to discuss the obedience of Christ and the salvation of his people. In his latest book, Why Did Jesus Live a Perfect Life?: The Necessity of Christ’s Obedience for Our Salvation, Dr. Crowe sets out to answer the basic but all-important question: Is perfect obedience necessary for salvation?
Listen as we explore the covenant of works, the atonement, the nature of Christ’s obedience, his resurrection, and the doctrine of justification.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 02:04 Thinking about Righteousness and Obedience
- 06:47 Changes in Theological Disciplines
- 13:21 Perfect Obedience Is Necessary for Salvation
- 20:30 Death Reigned from Adam to Moses
- 26:45 The New Testament and the Law of Moses
- 34:02 Christ’s Obedience and Our Faith
- 40:18 Christ’s Active and Passive Obedience
- 43:53 Christ’s Obedience as High Priest
- 47:11 Christ’s Resurrection
- 50:58 The Author’s Hopes for Readers of the Book
- 54:55 Conclusion
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.