We turn to pp. 305–306 of Geerhardus Vos’s book, Biblical Theology: Old and New Testaments to discuss revelation connected with the nativity. Throughout history, God interprets his supernatural works with his inspired Word. At this critical moment in history, the coming of Christ the redeemer, the Lord reveals himself further to his people.
- 00:07 Introduction
- 03:23 The New Testament and Critical Scholarship
- 12:20 The Incarnation and the History of Special Revelation
- 19:43 Dogmatic Considerations Regarding the Pre-Existent Messiah
- 37:46 Supernatural Acts in History
- 49:14 The Prophecy of Zacharias
- 54:48 Conclusion
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.