Since 2008, we have been taking a beat around New Year’s Day to bring you some of the top moments from the preceding year. We have several great clips lined up for you today.
This was another encouraging year for us at Reformed Forum. We published four new courses. We also hosted our first two in-person courses (on Zephaniah and 2 Peter) and increased our online student base to 4,210 people (+11% over last year) in 84 countries (+13%).
But perhaps the highlight of the year was the publication of Lane G. Tipton’s book, The Trinitarian Theology of Cornelius Van Til. We believe this work is a significant advance in Reformed apologetic scholarship and will be read for decades to come.
Every Person Mature
Our mission is to support the church in her charge of presenting every person mature in Christ (Col. 1:28). In order to continue producing resources that benefit local churches at home and around the world in accord with this mission, we have launched the Every Person Mature campaign. Our goal is to raise $150,000 by the end of 2022 so that we may continue to provide free theological resources for your congregation and others like it around the world.
The good news is that we are nearly halfway there! A generous donor has committed to match all donations toward this cause up to $75,000. By donating to the Every Person Mature campaign, you will fund essential resources for believers who are hungry for confessionally Reformed resources.
- Episode 745 — Van Til, Thomas Aquinas, and the Natural Knowledge of God with Lane Tipton
- Episode 764 — A God-Centered Approach to History with Vern Poythress
- Episode 761 — Van Til Group #8 — The Christian Philosophy of Knowledge with Carlton Wynne and Lane Tipton
- Episode 736 — John Owen, Jeremiah 31, and the Old Covenant with Carlton Wynne and Will Wood
- Episode 780 — 1689 Federalism and the Old Covenant with Jeremy Boothby, Carlton Wynne, and Lane Tipton
- Episode 762 — The Extra Calvinistic from Zwingli to Early Orthodoxy with K. J. Drake
- Episode 746 — Natural Theology and the Effects of Sin with Lane Tipton, Rob McKenzie, and Ryan Noha
- Episode 748 — Van Til Group #7 — Creation, Sin and Its Curse with Carlton Wynne and Lane Tipton
- Episode 772 — A Tale of Two Trees with Scott Wright
- Episode 752 — The Two Ages in Scripture with Adam York
- 00:00:06 Introduction
- 00:05:32 Lane Tipton — Van Til, Thomas Aquinas, and the Natural Knowledge of God
- 00:11:35 Vern Poythress — A God-Centered Approach to History
- 00:20:01 Van Til Group #8 — The Christian Philosophy of Knowledge
- 00:26:14 Carlton Wynne — John Owen, Jeremiah 31, and the Old Covenant
- 00:34:20 Carlton Wynne, Jeremy Boothby, and Lane Tipton — 1689 Federalism and the Old Covenant
- 00:45:38 K. J. Drake — The Extra Calvinistic from Zwingli to Early Orthodoxy
- 00:51:16 Lane Tipton — Natural Theology and the Effects of Sin
- 00:56:23 Van Til Group #7 — Creation, Sin and Its Curse
- 01:09:09 Scott Wright — A Tale of Two Trees
- 01:14:15 Adam York — The Two Ages in Scripture
- 01:20:59 Conclusion
Participants: Adam York, Camden Bucey, Carlton Wynne, Dan Ragusa, Jeremy Boothby, K. J. Drake, Lane G. Tipton, Rob McKenzie, Ryan Noha, Vern Poythress, Will Wood
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.