We discuss Geerhardus Vos’s sermon on Hebrews 12:1–3, “Running the Race,” from his collection Grace and Glory: Sermons Preached at Princeton Seminary.
- 00:07 Introduction
- 01:11 Historical Context
- 06:06 Doctrine and Exhortation
- 18:05 A Cloud of Witnesses
- 21:19 The Imagery of Running
- 24:40 Union with the Ascended Christ
- 29:24 A Grumbling Spirit
- 38:27 Run the Race with Patience
- 45:23 The Sermon Ends on an Indicative
- 53:00 Conclusion
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.