Carlton Wynne, Lane Tipton, and Camden Bucey turn to pp. 58–63 of Cornelius Van Til’s The Defense of the Faith to discuss the Christian theory of knowledge. In this section, Van Til speaks of man’s knowledge of the world.
- 00:07 Introduction
- 08:29 Review Up to This Point
- 12:59 Man’s Knowledge of God and of His Environment
- 19:29 Human Knowledge Is Entirely Dependent upon God
- 22:29 Theology Proper and the Image of God
- 33:27 Types of Knowledge of God
- 41:29 Human Knowledge Can Be True though Never Comprehensive
- 43:39 Realism and Anti-Realism
- 52:39 The Mysterious Depth Dimension to All Human Knowledge
- 56:09 The Full Bucket
- 58:52 Conclusion
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.