Given that Reformation Day is near, we thought it would be time to focus our attention on the monk with the mallet. Carl Trueman, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Professor of Historical Theology and Church History at Westminster Theological Seminary speaks about Martin Luther and media. Luther’s is an interesting study in the effects of media on the church. Trueman discusses Luther’s context and draws parallels to the contemporary church. All the way from the printing press to Twitter, join us for a fascinating discussion on a timely subject.
Books by Carl Trueman
- Luther’s Legacy: Salvation and English Reformers, 1525â€“1556
- Minority Report: Unpopular Thoughts on Everything from Ancient Christianity to Zen Calvinism
- The Claims of Truth: John Owen’s Trinitarian Theology
- John Owen: Reformed Catholic, Renaissance Man
- Wages of Spin: Critical Writings on Historic and Contemporary Evangelicalism
- Dr. Trueman’s articles and posts at Reformation21.
- Carl Trueman fan page on Facebook (this is just plain humorous)
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.