For those of you who’ve been with us for some time know we like to take an hour or so at the end of the year to look back on everything we did. Today, we’ve selected ten clips from the episodes we released in 2017. We spoke with many people and had many fascinating conversations. I hope we’ll pique your interest, and you’ll go back to listen to many of the full conversations represented by these highlights.
2017 was another blessed year at Reformed Forum. We’ve had close to half a million downloads so far this year from 115 different countries. We published our first book, No Uncertain Sound and sent out more than 1,000 copies. We hosted our fourth annual theology conference, this year on the subject of The Reformation of Apologetics. We opened an online store at reformedforum.org/store with merchandise and hard-to-find editions of significant Reformed books—many of them first editions and some even signed by the author.
We’re so thankful for all of you and will continue to try to serve you by providing Reformed theological resources however we can. At the end of this year, please help us out by visiting reformedforum.org/donate. Many of you have already responded generously to our previous appeals, but we can still use your help. Our board has scheduled a strategy summit for this coming year, and we are thinking and praying about our next steps. We would love to move Reformed Forum to the next level, a new chapter in its life of service to the Church. Please help us begin to realize this as we enter 2018.
We’re looking forward to another full year of Christ the Center. January 25 will mark our 10th anniversary. Jeff, Jim, and I recorded that first episode during my first year in seminary—three homes and three children ago. Things have changed over the years, but our mission has stayed the same—to advance Christian education by helping you learn more about Christ and the Reformed tradition that we believe faithfully upholds his gospel.
- 474 — Ryan McGraw, John Owen and Reformed Orthodox Trinitarian Theology
- 476 — Peter Gurry, The Coherence-Based Genealogical Method
- 478 — William Edgar, A Biblical Theology of Culture
- 482 — Scott Oliphint, The Majesty of Mystery
- 483 — Kevin Chiarot, T. F. Torrance and Apostolic Succession
- 489 — Charles Williams, The Life and Theology of Augustine
- 493 — Darryl Hart, Machen and the Media
- 496 — Brandon Crowe, Fulfillment in Matthew
- 503 — Bob Cara, Cracking the Foundation of the New Perspective on Paul
- 510 — Chad Van Dixhoorn, The Westminster Assembly and the Reformation of the English Pulpit
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.