We turn to pp. 306–308 of Geerhardus Vos’s book, Biblical Theology: Old and New Testaments to discuss revelation connected with the nativity. From the various texts that range from the annunciation of the angel to Joseph to the prophecy of Anna, Vos takes the “characteristic features” of these narratives and arranges them in a topical manner.
- 00:07 Introduction
- 10:32 Continuity with the Old Testament
- 20:02 Revelation as an Organism
- 30:29 The New Redemptive Character of Revelation
- 36:04 The Absence of Political Aspects
- 47:18 The Absence of Legalism
- 53:37 Conclusion
Participants: Camden Bucey, Lane G. Tipton
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.