Mark Winder, Jim Cassidy, and Camden Bucey discuss the relationship between hermeneutics and homiletics, focusing specifically on the preaching of Geerhardus Vos.
- 00:00:07 Introduction
- 00:02:05 Hermeneutics and Homiletics
- 00:18:27 Sermon Forms and Contemporary Expectations
- 00:27:47 Preaching Occurs in Context
- 00:37:15 Sermons Are Not Theological Lectures
- 00:46:23 Directing toward Application
- 00:49:27 What Is Not Said Is Important
- 00:52:59 The Dominating Theme of a Sermon
- 00:56:16 Word Pictures and Illustrations
- 01:05:11 Conclusion
Christ the Center focuses on Reformed Christian theology. In each episode a group of informed panelists discusses important issues in order to encourage critical thinking and a better understanding of Reformed doctrine with a view toward godly living. Browse more episodes from this program or subscribe to the podcast feed.